Senior Backend Developer, Server Team
Starship Technologies is developing the future of delivery – self-driving robots that bring parcels, groceries and food to people around the world.
We have entered commercial pilots with hundreds of robots driving along sidewalks across the United States and four countries in Europe. Soon we hope there will be thousands of delivery robots around the world.
Servers are where much of the magic happens. Fleet management, routing robots to customers over the most optimal paths, solving escalations from robots, third party partners and mapping. Also working with telemetry to ensure robots are always at their full health and we always know what’s going on first. Handling robots is a broad challenge – one that combines near real-time systems and more traditional entity management, reliable network connectivity and offline prediction of faults, route optimization and customer delivery flows… and a lot more.
If you feel comfortable with some of these topics then we should talk!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Curious and interested in a broad range of technologies
- Passionate about solving real world problems
- Experienced in development of near real-time systems
- Experienced in database design & architecture
- Experienced in API design and integrations
- Comfortable with delivering value through agile development with iterative processes
Useful qualifications include:
- Experience with real time systems and short response times
- Network, application and data security
- Complex systems with high availability
- Good communication skills
- Experience with international teams
- Background in logistics, optimization, fleet management or process control
- Full time contract with a 4 month trial period
- Location: Tallinn, Estonia
How to apply?
Please submit your application to email@example.com and set “Senior Backend Developer” as the subject line.
If you want to learn more about us, visit www.starship.xyz or just google “Starship Technologies”. You can also find out more information on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.