Robot Handler, Washington, DC Area
Starship Technologies, the company leading the delivery industry revolution with fleets of friendly sidewalk robots is looking for a Robot Handler based in Washington, DC area. We’re building autonomous robots designed to deliver parcels, groceries, and food in 15-30 minutes within a 2-3 mile radius.
We have entered commercial pilots with nearly 100 robots trundling along the sidewalks across the United States and five countries in Europe. Soon there will be thousands of robots around the world.
Starship is now looking for a Robot Handlers in Washington, DC Area as we begin to increase our footprint in the US and start working with commercial partners. The Robot Handlers will be responsible for running and operating the Robots in Washington, DC on a day to day basis.
- Accompany the robot on the street to monitor and record its performance
- Answer questions / introduce the technology to the general public while accompanying the robot
- Communicate with the remotely situated robot operator in real time
- Transport the robot to locations & areas where deliveries are taking place
- Ensure robots safety as it learns to navigate
- Record social reactions and traffic situations
- Perform basic maintenance tasks on the robot
- Complete reports post-testing
- Participate in promotional events
We are looking for someone who is:
- Excited to be part of something revolutionary and inspirational
- Responsible and reliable in all situations
- Articulate and comfortable talking to strangers on the street
- Comfortable appearing in pictures and the media
- A quick thinker with the ability to resolve non-standard situations
- Able to walk and move around in any weather
- Willing to travel
- Work unsociable hours
The perfect handler will possess:
- Good physical fitness
- A keen interest in technology and how it can advance society over time
- Photo and videography experience
- Outgoing and approachable personality
Terms & Conditions:
- Full-time or part-time, work in shifts
- 3-9-month employment
- Work area: Washington, DC
- Reports to Team Lead
- Applications deadline: December 21, 2016
- Early application is encouraged
How to apply?
Please submit your applications by writing an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and adding “Washington, D.C Robot Handler” to the subject line.
If you want to learn more about us, visit www.starship.xyz or just google “Starship Technologies.” You can also find out more information on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.