Robot Handler, London
Starship Technologies, the company leading the delivery industry revolution with fleets of friendly sidewalk robots is looking for a Robot Handler based in London. We’re building autonomous robots designed to deliver parcels, groceries, and food in 15-30 minutes within a 2-3 mile radius.
We have entered commercial pilots with nearly 100 robots trundling along the pavements across the United Kingdom, Europe and the United States. Soon there will be thousands of robots around the world.
Starship is now looking for Robot Handlers in London as we begin to increase our footprint in the UK and start working with more commercial partners. The Robot Handlers will be responsible for running and operating the Robots in London on a day to day basis and report directly to the Head of Operations for United Kingdom.
- Participate in daily testing of the robots
- Transport the robot to trial locations & delivery areas
- Walk with the robot on daily runs
- Communicate with the remotely situated robot operator in real time
- Ensure robots safety as it learns to navigate pavements and new environments
- Report test run results and any notable additional findings or social interactions
- Maintain regular communication and reporting to Starship managers
- Act as a public ambassador and representative for Starship
- Observe and record social reactions and public perception to the robot
- Answer questions from observers about the robot
- Maintain professional composure in social situations
- Maintain knowledge base and follow current news about robots and technology
- Keep updated on public company updates and speak to members of the public about them
- Contribute to post-run diagnostic reports
- Timely complete post-run forms
- Make an effort to gather and report on qualitative data like public perception and social/technical incidents
- Display willingness to perform basic maintenance and fixing procedures on robots
- Perform installation and set-up for new equipment/robots
- Operate robot for media demos & filming or internal/external meetings
- Learn local controls to operate the robot manually
- Accept the opportunity to appear in media and pictures
- Use field trial activity to generate excitement about Starship
We are looking for someone who is:
- Adventurous and willing to take intellectual risks
- An avid problem solver
- Happy to attend team bonding events
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Programmes (Docs/Mail/Sheets/Slides/Calendar/Drive), Slack, iOS, Dropbox, and other common software programmes
- Exceptional at written and spoken communication skills
- Understanding of the excitement of a start-up environment
- Flexible and open minded
- A team player
Terms & Conditions:
- Required hours per week 30-40, based on schedule and includes weekends
- Work area: London
- Reports to Head of Operations United Kingdom
- Early application is encouraged
How to apply?
Please submit your applications by writing an e-mail to email@example.com and adding “London Robot Handler” to the subject line.
If you want to learn more about us, visit www.starship.xyz or just google “Starship Technologies.” You can also find out more information on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.